Sunday, March 30, 2014

"Pasha"



I spent alot time growing up in Volusia County, and even though I don't live there anymore, there are certain people and places that I miss. One of those places is Pasha, on International Speedway or Hwy 92, as it is known to some. I have been going there since I was about six years old and have yet to taste a better gyro, meat pie or spinach turn over. One of the main reasons for this is the bread; they make it there and home made bread is hard to beat. All the ingredients taste fresh, and the people take pride in their work. It is not high volume, nor does anything taste like it. There are subtle touches like the pickle that doesn't taste like a cucumber, and from what my friend and I could best surmise was probably made from zuccini. The hot sauce that taste good on everything, well except maybe the baklava, offers a different sort of dry heat, and taziki is excellent. I'm 40 years old now and whenever I think of Daytona or am anywhere near it, my stomach compels me to stop in for a meat pie, spinach turnover, a nice tall glass of fresh squeezed strawberry lemonade, and a trip to dessert case to round it off. The desserts are awesome and not overly sweet. My favorites are the baklava, mini roses and lady fingers. If you want great Lebanese food and break from Mcdonalds and BK, then try this; its one of my favorites and the first 10 on the Scales.

1 comment:

  1. And don't even get me started on the namoura or kunafa. My whole family enjoyed the desserts that I brought home from Pasha. Thank you for introducing me to a wonderful place to eat.

    ReplyDelete